The Basics (How to play Daily Fantasy eSports)
Daily Fantasy e-Sports is a type of manager game where you are competing against other people. The goal of the game is to select a lineup of players that you think will play well in the real world of a given week. A typical Daily Fantasy e-Sports contest lasts only a few days and at the end of the week the person with the most amount of points is declared the winner.
There are many different e-sports for you to choose from. There are contests running for: CS:GO League of Legends DOTA 2 Starcraft 2 Overwatch & More.
You can compete and win money for free in tournaments known as “Freerolls”, or you can buy-in to some of the larger tournaments for the chance to win big.
After signing up to a site and entering a contest, you will have to select the players that you want for your lineup.
Below is how a lineup could look like using a salary budget of $10000 which is used on sites like esportspools.com
The scoring varies depending on the site that you play on and what type of e-sport it is. But for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive the scoring usually looks like this:
- Kill (1 Point)
- Assist (1 Point)
- Headshot (1 Point)
- Death (-1 Point)
There are a few different variations of leagues that you can choose to compete in. You can choose to go for a big payout in a large tournament, attempt to double your money in cash games or try to win money for free in a freeroll.
- GPPs (“Guaranteed Prize Pool”. Large tournaments with a guaranteed prizepool.)
- Freerolls (Tournaments that are free to enter where you can win money or skins.)
- Heads-Up (2-player contest, winner doubles their money)
- 50/50 (Large field event where the top 50% double their money)
- Triple / Quadruple / Quintuple (3, 4 or 5 player leagues)
Ready to play?
- Sign-up for a Fantasy eSport League website and make a deposit (Or just play for free!) We have a list of sites here on the site with detailed information about what e-sports, leagues, freerolls & bonuses they offer.
- Choose a contest to participate in.
- Select your players.
- All done. Good luck & have fun!